Excited to announce that we have a budget to accept applications for a new product manager position at the app portfolio company where I’m a partner – Gigabud Limited. This will be role where someone will get the chance to work with a lot of technology in a cross-border international team here in Shenzhen, China. I need help with managing our product specifications and coordinating between our technology and business departments for the continued development of Social Agent as part of this app portfolio company.
Why Join Us? Why Not!
We, Gigabud Limited, are a medium sized company with a ton of potential. If you enjoy working with tons of personalities (a lot of us are a little crazy to be honest..), ton of cultures (Chinese, Hong Kong, Taiwan, USA, UK, Macedonia), and an overload of technology products and platforms – this is something for you.
Chinese Skills Are Not Required
You can practice your Chinese in a working environment, but don’t require you to speak Chinese to start working here. Though we are sure you’ll get some chances to learn and improve your language skills for sure.
Official Job Title: Application Product Manager
You’ll be working with Social Agent mainly, the web and mobile product strategy and direction. We will also give you some chances to work with our online marketing and development (if those interest you) so don’t worry about being pigeon holed. Here is the list of responsibilities
- Responsible to manage and follow the whole life period of application, including assisting the design of application’s diagram flow, development, testing and updates
- Responsible to create and edit application’s database, including searching for data, editing data, updating data, etc
- Responsible to create and update requirements and specifications document and properly communicate that to the development team
- Responsible to communicate between application requirement planner and developer, making developer understand the requirements clearly and assist to solve the issues between requirement planner and developer
- Responsible to create and update the application’s metadata in Apple App store and Google Play store.
- Responsible to test application from user perspective, submit and follow bugs.
Skills We Are Looking For In You
Here’s a list, if one or two are missing don’t sweat it – we care more about the will and desire of the candidate.
- One year or more working experience about Internet products, interested in mobile phone and tablet’s application products, hoping to work in Internet industry
- Excellent in English listening, reading, speaking and writing, CET-4 or more, English fluent speaker preferred.
- Have good skills in office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Have team spirit and strong ability to organize and communicate, be able to handle work pressure.
- Willing to come in contact with new things, motivated and capable of learning and studying.
- 4 Year University Degree (for the Chinese Work Permit application process)
Your Day To Day
Our workday starts at 10am, Monday to Friday, and we head home 7pm. If you’d like, you can take a nap after lunch with our Chinese team, or you can join in our informal training for Chinese language, English language, User Experience, Analytics, and others on-demand.
Occasionally we’ll have a company outing to go bike riding, picnics, or KTV. You may join on user testing focus groups on-site or offsite. There are business development meetings in Hong Kong and other parts of China when necessary that you may have the opportunity to join in on.
There is also the 2 hosts of the “Two White Chicks in China” podcast and they may have some interesting adventures for you to go on, but don’t quote me on that 🙂
Benefits Of This Position
This is a salary position, and we will discuss the exact amount during your interview. It is a competitive market salary with proper benefits and a proper employee contract.
We Will Sponsor Your Chinese Work Permit
We abide by local Chinese labor laws and will sponsor your work permit and residence visa. There will be drug test and health exam administered by the Chinese government and there will also be a police interview. This is the procedure administered by the Chinese government and we have all been through it here. We can answer questions and explain more during the interview.
Travel and Accommodation Not Included
While we will help sponsor non-Chinese applicants for their passport visa, you are responsible to pay your own way to get to our office in Shenzhen, China. The salary will be more than enough for you to pay for your own apartment, and we can help introduce you to landlords and potential roommates. We also recommend Shenzhen Party classifieds for your apartment search, or you can find a local real estate agent in the district you want to live in when you arrive. I generally say budget hotels for a week or so and not to rush finding a decent place to live.
Gain Work Experience in a Tech Company in China
Our office is in CBD (Central Business District) Futian district of Shenzhen, China. We’re less than ten minute walk from Exit D of the Gangxia Metro Stop on Line 1, accessible to tons of residential living, restaurants, bars and nightlife.
Our office has over 20 Chinese developers in iOS, Android, and backend. Our marketing and product management department is a mix of Chinese and Western, having an amazing in-house design team and content writers.
Timeline To Apply
We want to fill this position as soon as possible, but we also want to make sure that we find the ideal candidate. Therefore, we will give until Wednesday April 1st , 2015 noontime China time zone for applications. Yes, I am fully aware that is April Fools Day – but this isn’t a joke, that is the final deadline, ha! We hope to make decisions over that weekend and get back to applicants early the next week.
How To Apply
Hope you’re excited as I am! To apply, send your resume and at least 500 words of why you think you’d rock at this position. Are you currently in China, if yes – why are you, if no – why do you want to come? The email to send it to is hr@ gigabud.com
Also a quick video interview will help you stand out, but I am not going to require it. If you’re already in Shenzhen, we may ask you to come in for an interview, if you’re not and we have narrowed you down to our top candidates, we’ll arrange a Skype video call interview.
Opportunity To Work With A Chinese Tech Company
Let us know what you think, we are open to both local Chinese to apply or Westerners. This blog post is English only (we do have a Chinese and English job post on various local job sites as well, FYI) but we want someone with strong English skills as this will be focusing more on our International tech projects.
Any questions or comments, please leave a comment below or email me at site @ michaelmichelini.com