Thanks for tuning in – 3rd show here sharing about entrepreneurs in China, focused in the Southern region of Guangdong. Today’s show is talking about a new Kickstarter project and a company I have seen working hard for years to build up to this launch. I’m happy to be able to interview them on the show, it is a very diverse team of Chinese and Americans who worked together to make this project come to life! If you can also show support by checking out their kickstarter project and backing it – that is what makes the entrepreneur community the strongest! so let’s listen in to their story and how they launched on Kickstarter!
About James Filbird
Owner, JMF International Trade Group
April 2001 – Present (13 years 10 months) Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I’ve been helping manufacturers and entrepreneurs find business solutions for products and services they wish to commercialize and sell to American retailers either directly or through product licensing for over 7 years. I have retail sales channels to North America, South America, Europe, India, Australia, and Asia. I work closely with startup companies and inventors assisting them with their product ideation, development, and commercialization. My core competencies are in product design, prototyping, mass production, packaging, shipping, and even getting your products onto store shelves or to your B2B and B2C customers.
Because I’ve done it for others, I can show you how to capitalize in China’s robust economy. I can find you suitable and reliable sources from all the various types of manufacturers located in China. I can assist you in developing your supply chain, finding strategic partners, move your production operations, market entry, and business development all in China.
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Gao, I met you in Chaihuo years ago, its great to see you continuing to build and innovate – and Jim you have been involved in many startup events and helping a lot of Chinese entrepreneurs, its great – can you both introduce yourselves, where you’re from and some background
- What is Betwine, and how did the idea come?
- How did you guys, Gao and Jim, connect?
- How about the rest of the team, I see it’s quite a nice balanced team!
- So how about your collaboration with other groups and organizations in shenzhen
- For those not aware, What is Seeedstudio and Innoconn
- So how has it been to list on Kickstarter? How was the process?
- You’re listed as a Chinese company or USA?
- What are your long term goals with the project?
- What do you suggest for other Chinese entrepreneurs who want to list in Kickstarter?
- What is your website and contact information?
People / Companies / Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Their kickstarter project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1597992031/betwine-wearable-social-game-for-good-health-and-l/
Episode Length: 19:07
What an interesting story centered around our collaboration with Seeed Studio and InnoConn and the Maker community in Shenzhen, China. I have witnessed firsthand over the 7 years here this community budding and now blossoming into teams and projects gaining traction as they come to life.
If you have topics or feedback for the show and want to reach out to me – check out my page on mikesblog.com/forbes – til next time everyone – as Steve Jobs says – stay hungry, stay foolish!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming (coming soon)
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!