Paul Chong from a wufantuan startup met up with me tonight and mentioned this social media posting in Phuket, Thailand!
People have been noticing when I stop twittering! Awesome, social media is all about being a LIVE PERSON. A living, breathing human being. Not some RSS feed machine. And even if a human is actually writing it….don’t just talk professionally about work, be a human, laugh, joke, tell your feelings.
And sometimes I’m warned that I shouldn’t be so open online. BUT THAT IS WHAT GETS THE MOST INTEREST. That’s what people like, connect with, relate to, interact with. not some “by the book” robot that is afraid to show their feelings, emotion, and perspective.
So back to this social media with hotel travel from Thailand. That is just amazing…..but is it a JOB? I travel, I blog, I do social media. To be a living, breathing social media sales and marketing master. Its always the operational side after the sale that has been my hickup, which is also intertwined with lack of focus or interested in doing too many things. But isn’t this a common issue with so many entreprenuers?
Well, another cool thing about the posting is there isn’t an email, only twitter for sending a response, So I sent a quick message. The funniest thing is Olivier Dombey I had met online before a few years ago about some opportunities….small world…or are we both just really good networkers?
Here’s the JOB post
Social Media Manager/Strategist
Experience: Mid level managerial
Functions: Strategy/Planning, Online Marketing, Information Technology, Other
Industries: B2C Online Marketing and Advertising, Travel
Report: Chief Information Officer
Before reading any further, you must be able to answer a resounding and confident “yes, I can” to the following questions, and be able to substantiate each:
- Do you eat, sleep and breathe social media?
- Seriously, do you dream in 140 characters?
- Can you think bigger than Facebook and Twitter and put together integrated B2C social media campaigns and solutions that are miles ahead of the competition?
- Can you map out the relationships between B2C social media opportunities, how they fit with one another, what are they respective strengths and weaknesses, and how each could be maximised to enhance our company’s social media campaigns, website and blog?
- Do you have enough sensibility to modulate the tone of your postings/messages according to your audience?
- Are you able to grow revenue streams though social media and in time deliver a positive ROI?
- Do you have the social media inner fire burning in you? The one that gives you your daily torrent of adrenaline, the one that makes you a winner when you pass-smash your targets?
- Can you walk the talk? Anyone can dream up a strategy, what counts is its execution. Can you?
- If you have been honest with yourself and gave yourself the thumbs up for each the above self-testing questions
- If you firmly believe that you are such a social media innovator and animal
- If you believe you have the passion, energy, innovation, knowledge and skills to be our social media face
- If you can get your hands dirty and execute what you preach
- And if you can prove it all with an impeccable track record of successful past experience
Then, we want to talk to you…
HotelTravel.com has an immediate opening for such an innovative, driven, hands-on Social Media Manager/Strategist.
I’m interested! How do I apply?