What Mike Michelini is up to Now – May 21 – 27, 2023
Listen as audio here [2 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
Feel my limits being pushed. Yet while many say slow down – I say we are onto something. If I was doing this for the money, I’d still be in New York City.
Decade+ of work and there are some massive breakthroughs that seem to be coming.
* Hard fork of Handshake proposal – have a feeling this may get consensus, and this will be a beautiful “hail mary” pass that will shock the “alternative” domain name solutions.
* Growing to containers and multiple brands for the ecommerce brands. Realizing we are really growing and scaling. Yes it is painful and yes it is sloppy, but we are making it happen.
Cross Border Summit – in 6 months – yet so much building and preparing. Its also re-uniting the community as we haven’t had it since October 2019.
* New project, hope to announce by end of May. Feel this may be the piece of the puzzle to put this all together.
And so much more.
I need to keep growing and adjusting myself and my role. I need to switch and push hard out of being in the weeds. I need to keep empowering and equipping leaders to step up and grow.
Especially with that amazing list above, so much needs to be done and need to keep finding capable and good people. I know I was a bit stressed last week, especially towards the end of it – and need to improve. But also feel so stretched and pulled.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Towards the end of last week I was really trying my best to hold it together. We are pushing on all limits as always but I’d say at a whole new scale now. Some recaps:
* Getting the Esatto container out. Still a long term play to recuperate from the horrible disaster in this business last year.
* Intense Handshake.mastermind twitter spaces. Deep in a crypto bear market, and the hns community is holding together. Daniel proposed a hard fork and was surprised at the little pushback. My gut says it may pass.
* Cross Border Summit – speakers, early birds, sponsors, operations, workflow. All pushing. Six months to go, but so much for this event to “re-start” since 2019.
* Still cannot announce about a very exciting opportunity. Cannot wait, so much happening behind the scenes.
* More ecommerce products, more factories in Thailand. Akitai, Excalibur Brothers, Plumepas, Esatto. Launching, scaling, team building.
This coming week:
I’d say “more of the same” on the list above – all are big projects
* Ecommerce team – may add a new ninja. Also just looking at new channels for B2C and B2B.
* Cross Border Summit – promotion workflow. Need to get a regular content calendar together to promote for the next 6 months.
* Help make a video about the HNS hard fork proposal – hope to get Daniel on the Skyinclude channel.
* HR / Finance / admin – this is just a constant skill I need to keep my focus on and continue to clarify strengthen and build. Cashflow is the big challenge and we are working on it – multiple currencies and international business is very complex.
While it is extremely stressful and challenging – I don’t think I’d do it any other way.
But what makes me smile is seeing the team accepting the challenges. Accepting the feedback and improving – and growing. This is what we set out so hard to do once we got locked down for covid – to build a strong leadership team online. While there will always be things to fix, we have made massive progress.