What Mike Michelini is up to Now – June 25 – July 1, 2023
Listen as audio here [2 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
Typing this up “home alone” – Wendy and the kids took a trip to meet her friends in Kuala Lumpur and I stuck around here as I’m close to closing a career changing deal, and also want to enjoy some rest this weekend.
What is in store this week?
* Webinar this Thursday with Andrew Henderson of Nomad Capitalist , 8pm Singapore time https://secure.globalfromasia.com/tax-planning/
* Meetup Tuesday 2-4pm With Austin doing his Amazon FBA case study sharing.
* HR / department structuring for scale – in the ecommerce department and in the CS/marketing/community departments. Still “plugging holes” / filling seats / finding flows.
* Shadstone ninja team call this Thursday evening too.
* Continued promotions for Cross Border Summit, Nov 16,17 in Chiang Mai. This deal announcement will add a new dimension to that event.
* “Hope” to announce “the deal” the career changing milestone. In a way feels all that has been changing, especially during the last few “covid” years – has lead up to this.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan June 25 – July 1, 2023 Shadstone Limited
Have to say, a lot of shifting in the ranks at the company – but this is growth, this is the hard things that a company must do to make it to the next level.
We’re working hard to build up departments and leaders. As we said last week, we’re working hard to structure the ecommerce department and the social media / community department. Just as we said that, we are finding who has time / capacity / interest / ability and who is not in that position to do so.
But this is healthy – and we are facing it head on instead of sweeping it under the rug. So some shifting has been happening. A couple have moved on, and we are adding some new people (pending this week).
On the GFA / ecommerce community building, we’re doing the weekly “in person” Tuesday Ecommerce meetups in Chiang Mai and getting that flow going. Also discussing over private masterminds (had an ice bath mastermind Friday evening) on the format and positioning of it. More shifting of this will happen – but we are having great speakers reach out.
And all of this will connect!
What seems like many different functions and departments – are coming together and maybe like transformers – creating 1 massive robot powerhouse.
Patience is my weakness, that is for sure – but we are so close. The “deal” I’ve been hinting towards for weeks/months now is so close. Both sides of the lawyers are 99% on the same page, and seems contract is destined to be signed this week with an announcement following.
This will be the piece that puts it all together. The web3/handshake, the private label Amazon fba brands and portfolio, the GFA podcast and ecommerce meetups – all will be used to put together this new chapter in our business and in our lives.
Not just for me, the Shadstone ninjas, our community – but the wider net of the internet user. So excited I cannot wait. But still premature to say more publicly.
This coming week:
* More department building – mainly Ecommerce department and community/marketing departments need more building up and structuring and filling the gaps.
* “The deal” – 99% feeling it will be confirmed this week.
* Ecommerce department – walmart, more 3pl streamlining (Rma too), product development flows.
* Community / marketing / client services – further building the Cross Border Summit / Ecommerce meetup / podcast flow and SYNERGY –
** also a webinar this Thursday with Andrew Henderson of Nomad Capitalist – will be fun. And our team has gotten even better at webinars after the last one.