What Mike Michelini is up to Now – Feb 19 – 25, 2023
Listen as audio here [2 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
Serious creation happening. The dream of a r&d center, a creation center, is happening. And believe the way the world is going with AI and web3 – it will continue to support the creators.
Here’s a short list of what we’re up to here:
* Ecommerce accounting – still on “high alert” to get the numbers straight. Much closer than 2 weeks ago and hope to onboard some experienced bookkeeping people to support us.
* Amazon FBA Meetup This Saturday in Chiang Mai, adding some new elements to it to make it more fun and complete. So much happening in the GFA community (Canton Fair trip, etc)
* Kickstarter Launch of The Living Crystal – will make some content to explain, and interviewing the founder.
* NFT + Ecommerce – this is the calling I have been feeling for years, and have 2 initiatives (still too early to share) being assessed.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan Feb 19 – 25, 2023 Shadstone Limited
Truly intense times (as always) and I see many of our ninjas pushing their limits and boundaries. But that pushing and boundary testing (breaking) is what helps us to grow. Just like working out at the gym and those last few reps where you feel you cannot do anymore – those are the reps that “break” our muscles so we can recover and become even stronger.
Some things last week:
* Lots of interviews and applicants for our various ninja roles. Accounting interviews last week, and tons of applicants for email and social media marketing. We cannot get tempted and settle, we need to find the right fit, and we are moving towards test projects and longer lead times before bringing in to ninja temple.
* Ecommerce accounting / (AMZNinja) – Christian continues to excel and learn and we got various reports and dashboards underway. But really hope we can get some specialized accounting people to work with him and me and our BlogJV partners on improving this. Once we get a stronger “pulse” of all these subsidiaries, we can be more confident on our marketing and sales.
* HandyCon is just about 2.5 weeks away. I’ll be honest I starting hitting burnout levels thursday/Friday – a meltdown on tech/connection issue for Twitter space and just tons of messages for speakers, sponsors etc. But Anne is a true ninja and others on the team are supporting a ton. I’m hopefully recovering from the HNS/crypto burnout this weekend and ready next week to really get this public and pushing more.
* The Living Crystal (TLC) – pending launch this week, still a few things to sort out but pushing this forward (as we always do)
* GFA workshops, bootcamp, Canton Fair trip, meetups, Singapore session, Cross Border Summit – tons going on here, working closely with Amazon Global Selling team in Singapore, talking to our contacts in China about a Canton Fair trip in April. And speaking in Singapore March 23. So much more happening, seems GFA community is re-invigorated, but need more GFA community management support.
* GFA FBA meetup in Chiang Mai this Saturday Feb 25. Adding a lot more elements to this meetup.
* Plumepas to Hong Kong shop – a strange direction, as we still do product development in Thailand, Ray our partner in HK and Snook are coordinating to sell in his new storefront. Life works in mysterious ways, seriously. (Stay tuned for more)
* GFA Kids + Expat Teaching evolution – Wendy is adding Expat Teaching services to widen the scope of services offered. GFA Kids may be more a niche and those who dont fit (teachers and parents) may use Expat Teaching service (developing this out now)
* Deep thought on ecommerce, NFT, web3 – believe this is our “Calling” as we have 2 worlds we are living in – Amazon FBA/ecommerce/SEO and on the other side Handshake/web3/crypto/HandyCon, etc. Since 2020 have felt these 2 can bridge, and very close to outlining some ideas for that (have 2 project concepts to apply it)