What Mike Michelini is up to Now – Oct 2 – 8, 2022
Listen as audio here [1.5 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
* NYBS re-launch plan + TV show – bringing back my first “main” ecomm business
* Launching more products (related to NYBS relaunch)
* GFAkids IT upgrade – scaling it up, need IT improvements
* Flamingo Handshake / HNS – new initiatives in discussion.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan October 2 – 8, 2022 Shadstone Limited
We are in October! This first week of October China will be on a holiday, so any of our business partners and projects related to China will be on hold til the week after (starting back approximately Monday October 10)
But Shadstone, you know we are workaholics and always have things to do , anywhere in the world, ha!
We had a really fun monthly team call last Thursday, and hope LJ is having an amazing birthday today, she deserves it – but will have a ton of work awaiting as always and hope everyone else LOVES what we are doing and building and creating.
Here are some highlights:
* Leveraging our first Ecommerce retail store brand, New York Bar Store (NYBS) to help consolidate our marketing and launch efforts of the portfolio of brands. Been on my mind for months now, and honestly wish I pushed this sooner – but we will start a “show” for NYBS – similar to GFA podcast – where we talk about products and trends in the space. Making a content strategy now, but the idea is our brands are our “Sponsors” who we promote on the content, while we also feature and interview bartenders and other lifestyle influencers in the home and kitchen space. Faith has agreed to help on the videos with us, and we hope to kick this off this coming week.
(Related) Esatto hopefully will go live this week (maybe next) on Amazon. Also we are pushing through on launching the new Excalibur Brothers products, and Andres and I have had a lot of meetings and talks since the Akitai factory visit earlier last week (adding new products lines)
Also talking to current franchisees about adding more products for Excalibur Brothers. It is such a great indicator that our current users are happy and adding even more – so once we get our GFA community things rolling again hope we can do a push for Blimp – as it is a great program that franchisees are happy with and having great case studies.
Again – as I’ve been saying in these week plans since earlier in 2022 – we are really diving deep back into being an Amazon seller and with 3 brands – it is a huge opportunity and challenge. Let’s keep pushing and being innovative and diligent.
* GFAkids – we really need to upgrade our IT and workflow. It is super busy and growing – which is good – but we hope to start to do some IT upgrades w/ Manly this week as it is overwhelming right now with 120+ students enrolled.
* Flamingo Handshake / Skyinclude – had a small but fun auction last week. Also discussing new ways to promote and evolve – and add more integrations to Handshake.
BeckyAI we did great pushing out ambassador samples before October holiday. Thank you Patrick is nice to see you taking charge and being proactive and working so well independently. Still gotta keep on pushing there, also the video, fb ads, and getting the momentum up for launch later this month of October.
Indigitus still a thorn in my side but will not forget and working on solutions actively. Thinking of this daily and have ideas.
NowShenzhen working on some strategic alliances and reflecting on ways to monetize better in this never ending lockdown policy. But believe after this National holiday, more clarity will be revealed on the policies.
GFA podcast – working on moving the show to weekly if we can pull it off. Enjoy having Faith on as co-host to motivate me. And love GFA and want to get t things rolling again, plus got a new sponsor and there is a lot of interest.
Events – still awaiting feedback from Thai government, had a call with them on Thursday afternoon.
Client work – is going well. Team is just amazing – I love seeing the nice communication and coordination
Our December retreat – I need to decide when to come as I want to spend extra time in Philippines. for business development, podcasts, maybe a training workshop.
So much more, so much to do. So much opportunity. It is because we have worked so hard to find and build up a great team. Thank you for being here with us, and hope to work long term as a FAMILY almost 😉
Podcast: Play in new window | Download