What Mike Michelini is up to Now – March 26 – April 1, 2023
Listen as audio here [2.5 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
Currently in “headquarters” here in Chiang Mai, but doors and windows closed and air machine on – smokey season in full effect.
Also my calendar popped up – today Mikesblog turns 16 years old (started March 26, 2007), pretty amazing. And next Sunday I’ll be turning 42 years old.
Flying to Hua Hin after this video to spend time w/ wife and kids (they went to escape smokey season), and then next week to Japan for Gary’s Amazon Japan Mastermind conference. https://events.globalfromasia.com/japan/
Noticing so much travel, last week in Singapore was a success, speaking at the beautiful office of Amazon singapore. Planning a Canton Fair trip. Walking past Deutsche Bank office there reminded me of my Wall Street days.. https://events.globalfromasia.com/sg1/
The world is changing fast, and I am trying hard to adapt to it (would say so since leaving Wall Street in 2007 and ending up in China / Asia!)
* Explore Hua Hin – while we escape Chiang Mai burning season, family is also considering to relocate, let’s consider.
* Canton Fair trip final call – have a group coming together for April 21-23, need to confirm how many and rooms, guides, other terms. Doing zoom calls and more FAQ questions , https://cantonfair.globalfromasia.com/trip/
* Amazon live / product launch – with various product launches underway and coming soon, working on more additional ways to promote them and distribute them (considering a live tv show)
* Financials – CFO Ninjas – reports and calls coming this week.
* Handshake Ring meetup call – will do an “open house” call this week with Jehan to prepare this global distributed network of meetups. https://handycon.xyz/rings
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan March 26 – April 1, 2023 Shadstone Limited
Hope team is all rested and recovered from HandyCon and other initiatives. Luckily I had 1 day to “catch my breath” (Saturday) before on the road again.
Realizing life there are waves – some quiet waves of just “head down and planning” and others where you push your limits and level up.
We are in the second phase right now – with Chiang Mai events, Singapore events, Hua Hin factory visit, Japan trip, China trip, Hong Kong visit, all happening in the span of a few weeks.
Time to keep leveling up.
There is further changing and modifying in the Shadstone ninja team, but what is amazing is the team respects us and enjoys working with us that gives us time to adjust and stays involved long term.
Some more specific initiatives / points for us:
* Building out HNS ring meetup structure and foundation. Open house call this week, this is going to be exciting and let us really do a network of handshake meetups around the globe all on Wednesday April 19 – and then grow it from there. First one will be the “hardest” and we learn, adjust, and improve it.
* Product Launch, and more marketing campaigns for our network of Amazon brands. Thinking creatively on a system to promote all brands with 1 system.
* Team growth and training – CFO ninjas getting the flow going. A few new people joining on various projects, some reducing hours, new spots open (hiring for a few spots now)
* Meeting the factory in Hua Hin this week to discuss all the things Esatto has been through and keeping an open mind on how that will go.
* Canton Fair trip – pushing this one, need to also like HNS rings, setup foundation on a standalone trip (we’ve done it before but as an add-on to the Cross border Summit)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download