What Mike Michelini is up to Now – April 16 – 22, 2023
Listen as audio here [1 minute long] (or scroll down for text)
What is on the agenda this week – recovering from travel (1 week in Shenzhen!)
The short list:
* CFO ninja accounting – still so much, I need to get on calls and review reports and answer questions.
* Amazon account management continued training and structure – adding new people, working on dividing tasks, preparing for putting all the brands in 1 workflow operation.
* Canton Fair trip – preparing for it – starts next Sunday.
* Cross Border Summit – 6 months to go (Nov 16,17), people keep asking to signup, we need to get an early bird going.
* Handshake Halving event, prepare for April Flamingo Handshake (April26), and Ordinals and other matters.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan April 16 – 22, 2023 Shadstone Limited
Typing up from Shenzhen, China (was a 50/50 chance would be typing this up from Hong Kong). The borders and the world is re-opening – but still feel it may take another 6 months to fully re-open (after Japan and China border experiences).
Have to admit last week was physically draining for me – weeks of intense travel in all of April is fun – but need to catch my breath. This week I’ll be in Shenzhen all week, and next week (Sunday) start the GFA Canton Fair trip with a small group of Amazon sellers from Singapore and Thailand. So should be recovering this week.
Amazon account team is growing and learning – Nikko is learning fast, and Christian is doing great overseeing what tasks are needed. Got him setup with various tools and access. Some bigger news of some restructuring underway, but too early to really make an announcement (a few different angles of how it can happen).
GFA Canton Fair trip – had our zoom call last Tuesday with attendees, working on the invitation letter / visa / travel coordinations (rusty since we haven’t done this since pre-covid in 2019), but Sally and Rose and the supportive Amazon Global Selling team is working well together and the idea in my mind is we are practicing for doing this every Canton Fair so it is a learning experience.
CFO ninja team – Will admit, our financials definitely need more work and I know it is complex. Febby is stepping up more and we are giving more access. Martha is becoming a leader for sure.
Handshake/ Skyinclude – we had a nice Twitter space last week (as well as joined a Clubhouse). Feel we are working on some core “culture” and policies as a group of people that hopefully will help long term. Also preparing for the Halving, and another auction.
Client projects – some rough DNS updates and miscommunication with what a client did on changing their site to another host without telling us (weird?) but we are (as always) reliable and fast to step up and fix it. That is our value, we are dependable, and make it happen.
So much more – really Im still exhausted and recovering this Sunday morning but committed to the week plan and hope you are reading them.
* In Shenzhen all week – having various NowShenzhen meetings.
* “Catch up” on portal, slack, HR, case logs, ninja sheets, strategy sharing with management.
* More “brainstorming” of the re-structuring of Amazon brands. Don’t want to “tease” but basically the idea is putting them together – the complex part is the details on how.
* CFO ninjas – GFA kids, cash flow, having various JVs and also clients pay us faster.
* Preparing for Canton Fair Trip, also hope to do a CBS early bird ticket