Vlad had this hilarious phone, by Lenovo, he bought in China wal mart – and he described a bunch of the features….let me explain the different features to highlight, and reflect on these points and explain how this is directly made for the China market.
- Dual SIM card – this is not so special, but can represent the Hong Kong / Taiwan / South China businessman. Its really annoying to keep flipping SIM cards when you cross borders…and you miss calls when one SIM card is out of its phone, etc.
- Local Voicemail – VERY CHINA focused Set Phone Calls that you miss go to a the phone’s locally stored SD card!
- Blacklist SMS – for those annoying advertisements you get on your phone, especially in China…we get bombarded with advertisements. Maybe also get bombarded with suppliers or contacts we do not want to talk to. Perfect for the busy, traveling businessman in China.
- Blacklist Phone Calls – Have a pesky supplier calling? Or salesman? Maybe bill collector? Or an overseas customer who wants his money back? Simply add their number to this blacklist, conveniently on the main menu.
- Various Background Noises – This is hilarious, you can set the phone to answer with the phone’s pre-recorded backgroun noise – such as MTR (metro, subway), restaurant, busy office, shopping mall. Why would you need this? hmmm, there are a few reasons, but if you are talking to someone who you told you were going to a restaurant, but you’re actually relaxing at home, or out with other people, you can say you are busy eating dinner. This can actually be pretty useful for getting out of phone calls.
- Your personal robot companion – You have the option of having an animated cute robot bounce around the screen as you type. Totally useless, but maybe the cartoon keeps you cheered up throughout your stressful business day.
- Pretty animated Snowflake background – Just use the stylus pointer to enable the background to be a nice scenic background of big snowflakes dropping sprinkling down the side of the screen….how cute, haha.
This article may make more sense for those of us doing business in China….but I can see how handy this phone can be!
We also discussed how this is the perfect example that China …is China….and you need to make localized products specially tailored for this unique, and wild, market.