What Mike Michelini is up to Now – Jan 15 – 23, 2023
Listen as audio here [1.5 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
What is Mike Michelini Up To Now – Jan 15 – 21, 2023
Grinding on a Sunday per usual – but this is what I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. As far as I am concerned this is what I’ll do when I’m “retired” – writing, more like conceptualizing. Realizing the last 5 years have been really creating AI prompts (a joke, but many may not get that).
What is the short list of things this week
* Chinese New Year – so China will be closed for business, but thailand and rest of the world is open, and I’ll be working. David my friend and partner in NowShenzhen here so will be touring and talking business.
* AI & Human Resources – still overloading my brain on how AI and humans will work together long term. But believe it will simply supercharge our current team and allow us to scale up what we are doing.
* Products and cashflow – ecommerce is all about new products, logistics, and cash flow. Gotta get better at cashflow .
* Community – for both Handshake (Handycon) and ecommerce (GFA/CBS). Building up the workflows.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan Jan 15 – 21, 2023 Shadstone Limited
We are entering Chinese New Year mode this week – late last week was an urgent scramble for the Excalibur Brothers brand and franchisees with pending orders to get the products going. We have a great team and have the mindset of continual improvement of the PROCESS – not focusing on the short term “hiccups” and delays – and we are all working on further optimizing. Yet we did it – we figured out how to make some shortcomings / delays (sending some product to packaging factory sending some packaging product to factory, splitting shipments, etc) so great team work.
But again, my favorite part is chatting with those involved in the process and all agreeing that there are still various parts of the workflow to improve and we’ll discuss all of it AFTER chinese new year (which means early Feb 2023).
Also great work on moving to a new booking workflow for GFA Kids (now we call the booking system Global From Anywhere – to have this as our GFA community booking system – for kids and adults). I can feel Wendy less stressed on the manual data part – but now seeing more stress on growing more teachers and parents (which is a more worthwhile stress as it is growth). Also Lyn joined, and other initiatives like regional partners.
What are some other things – so many things!
1) POD rabbit hole (POD = print on demand) we are pushing hard on this to compliment our various products (bar) and communities (hns) to add this as a new way for these products to be made and people to support. Working with dwebASAP for that crypto shop, and NYBS for the bar products – so much more to do and explore but setting up these as a starting foundation to grow on and complement the product brands and content.
2) AI revolution – still mind blown on how this will change everything in 2023. Hope the team can embrace it – as anything new – we may be hesitant to – but it can support us in our business and personal lives. I’m trying to keep up with the “firehose” of information and tools from Twitter – yet I agree with most – it won’t 100% replace us (yet) but it simply will help us be much more productive.
(And to me – that means – creating more, building more!!!)
3) new products, cashflow, product development, Thailand sourcing – Want to make the most of us in Thailand and getting more products sourced here. Working on finding top products made in Thailand and thinking of the categories.
4) David is in town here in Chiang Mai – semi vacation mode, but of course talking business, nowShenzhen, projects, and 2023.
5) HandyCon planning – getting the word out there – March 8-10 – and now setting up local meetups all around the world. Love the grassroots part of that.
6) FBA masterminds, meetups, Cross Border Summit – re-ignite Global From Asia, especially with China border re-opened, must make this a reality. Playing with a couple dates and talking to a coupe venues for mid November 2023.
So much more – but these are the highlights .