What Mike Michelini is up to Now – Feb 20 – 27, 2022
Listen as audio here [3.25 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
The temperature is dipping here in Shenzhen (it was already cold, but it’s looking to get colder this coming week). Schools seem to be closed another week (since early January!) so more homeschooling and GFA Kid building.
While totally overwhelmed, I love the work that we are doing and am grateful to be able to do these innovative projects. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Here’s what is happening this week:
- Further pushing to be on “BD mode”. So many opportunities and so many projects. The long-term transition I need is to “trust” the team (doing much better, but still adjusting) and bring in more dealflow.
- HR / processes – More and more new people are joining. We’re just really pushing limits as we onboard teachers for GFA kids, tech for web3 projects, product sourcing for Amazon, and more. But this is the core: giving people the opportunity to work and to grow.
- Amazon product sourcing/listing/launch process – Meeting Luciano and Meir on Monday to strategize and take this first batch of products for Excalibur Brothers to “dust off” the process and create a brand as a platform.
- Consulting work – Picking up new projects and will be on-site for some.
- Dweb projects – Should bucket it that way, or thinking to put it under “SkyInclude” (in my mind) – Flamingo handshake auction this week, HandyCon, Indigitus as always, web3 projects and more.
“The brave may not live forever, but the weak never live at all” – we’ve got look at fear and challenges as an opportunity for growth and improvement. Obstacles are opportunities.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan Feb 20 – 27, 2022 Shadstone Limited
February is almost over – crazy! Time is flying and we have to make the most of it – building, creating, sharing.
As always, tons of update:
- Excalibur Brothers is chugging along. Having more focus on product sourcing and development for these Blimp Method franchisees, with the wine glass polishing cloth as the first one to go out and others lining up.
- HandyCon is less than 1 month away! Having worked out the majority of the schedule and updating the website. All that remains is the normal “event hustle” of speakers/sponsors/promotion.
- GFA Kids – It seems schools in China are closed for another week, so there is more demand from parents this week for daytime classes. Also, more of the Shadstone team is helping to smooth out the process.
- Indigitus – Software and working on community engagement opportunities is the focus.
- Client work – Picking up more and more projects, and the team has been doing outstanding in learning the processes for lead flow, proposals, invoices, and onboarding. Just a lot of e-commerce and website projects both on web2 and web3.
- NowShenzhen – Hope to update the site with new ad banners and header this coming week, while further defining and improving the posting process.
- Flamingo Handshake is next week! Keeping things rolling smooth and we will push through.
There will be more people joining for development, sourcing, and more.
Let’s take this 2 year+ long lockdown period as a time to further improve and grow our team, tools, and system to become an unstoppable, multiple income stream business.
It is a roller coaster ride with new projects and clients coming, and some projects off boarding. Despite that, we are net growing, and that is the process of growth and improvement.