What Mike Michelini is up to Now – Aug 20 – 26, 2023
Listen as audio here [2 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
I think it’s true – August is an annoying month for me. As a workaholic, most are on vacation and it is like half on/half off month (noticing this each year now). But seems even extra quiet with a slow economy and a bear market. But this is the time to double down and BUILD.
* Restructuring – basically almost every project /busines/JV we are doing is becoming more standalone. Even GFA community is turning into a learning platform.
* Building sales, marketing, paid ads – my weakness, and a very important need – but we have been addressing it and have this “front office” being developed.
* Preparing for more events and travel – this week last one for a while when I won’t be on the road.
* NYBS email list re-engaging / ecommerce ambassador program build up. For all our brands.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan Aug 20 – 26, 2023 Shadstone Limited
The second half of August is always a transition one – with schools starting and people coming out of “summer mode” things really start to pick up.
Can feel it bubbling right now, with next week being one of those key inflection points.
Last week we made huge progress (in my opinion) on the financial workflows, and getting more and more people in the team “on the same page” about what spreadsheets and numbers to even use for our various JVs.
Also been more discussions and meetings (and welcoming all of management ninja team, as well as others interested) to discuss the restructuring of Shadstone to being more of an independent and stand alone consulting company from the JV partners.
More clarify on the Loadpipe/Purse has been coming with the product and the acquisition. The lawyers seem mostly clear now and on track for the close at the end of September.
Cross Border Summit, can feel our team, and the speakers getting more aware. Seeing more joint announcements and sharing being prepared which is critical. And this will have more impact into September once the summer August is over. Also getting much more heart felt input and support from many speakers and supporters of CBS and GFA.
This coming week will be one of my last for a while “in Chiang Mai full time”, as will start to kick off hyper travel and events weeks following (mastermind in Phuket, Nomad Capitalist summit in KL, Prague Hackers Congress, and more events). This needs to be more of my “job”.
We are also investing more in sales and marketing initiatives and team members. Last week have been interviewing and been getting introduced to more sales, marketing, paid ads, and these types of roles and people. Much overdue, and embracing it.
As this happens for CBS – it brings up the question of what is GFA – and with the great results of GFAkids and the interest of “adults” wanting learning (both coming from the gfakids channels as well as gfa podcast/community) it seems time for gfa to become a learning platform.
This coming week:
* There is a holiday Monday in Philippines, some of the team will be taking it off, Nessa / HR is overseeing that. August I recall a lot of holidays in the Philippines. Hope we find the right balance of holidays and keeping the company and its departments operating.
* Email list for Ecommerce, ambassadors -we are working on re-engaging our old NewYorkBarStore email list to see if we can re-ignite them and get them involved in our various product brands.
* Restructuring, Finance – seems this will be on the weekly plan for another couple months to be honest. But making hard push to make progress each week. Para Living is on the list this week for more updates.
* CBS2023 campaign for “back to school” – also coordinating with our speakers and ambassadors on that.
* Sales, paid ads, marketing team, community team – working on a much needed “front office”.
So much more, really sorry if I am not mentioning some of your work in these week plans.
What has made me most happy over the years is seeing people step up as leaders.