What Mike Michelini is up to Now – June 11 – 17, 2023
Listen as audio here [2 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
Just here Sunday morning – reflecting on a Saturday w/ the fam at the Chiang Mai zoo.
What’s in store this week:
* Ecommerce brand scaling / team building / multi-channel – a lot of talk in the team about Walmart, wholesale, shopping carts, email newsletters, and more.
* Web3 and ecommerce – is this a different bullet point or the same? But since 2020 been really thinking of how to connect the ecommerce and web3 worlds and it’s getting closer.
* HR/ team building / systems – may never end, but some adjustments in the team and org chart.
* IT upgrades and tools – a long list of tools to review with our amazing IT department.
* Webinar for ScaleInsights / Global From Asia / Cross Border Summit later this week.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan June 11 – 17, 2023 Shadstone Limited
Took about 1 minute to start writing this week plan – just so much impactful change is coming. The way I see the world going, there will be the decentralized world and the centralized world. Maybe too many Matrix movies.
But we at Shadstone are always trying to be ahead of the curve, and too many times we are right but too early. Yet it is all coming together:
* Cross Border Summit flow is moving along with nice weekly promotions. Getting replies and people noticing.
* Synergizing and connecting our ecommerce brands – need to continue to do this to scale. Getting the team which is growing to communicate, organize, and grow together as we add more sales channels and launch more products.
* Studying AI, Exponential Organizations 2.0 book, and looking to hire a “Chief AI Officer”. It’s what we said earlier this year at Shadstone, AI will help grow us exponentially, and make our ninja team even more powerful and effective.
* Handshake /web3 – did the Flamingo handshake auction, listening to the feedback about Hard fork, seeing new products being made, and the passion from this community.
* Larger announcement – still cannot make it, but it is drafted and it will help further synergies these bullet points listed above to help them all grow aligned.
General theme – and I try to say it in the various portal tasks and slack rooms – we all need to be leaders in the team. We all need to think of the best ways to do our work, to improve our work, to grow as an individual, as a leader, and pull the company along with you.
Some skills I am learning:
* Email marketing – may take a course on it as I think we need to utilize this more to build our e-commerce brands and businesses in general. Not a fan of social media anymore, and email is one of the best ways to keep in touch with those who want to hear from you.
* AI – exponential organizations – 2.0 book just came out and reading it. Feel we are lucky as – like they say in the book – Covid19 locked us all up and FORCED us to learn how to work better as a team online – but not just online – we learned how to work as a team better, systems, procedures, tools. Excited to go through this playbook.