What Mike Michelini is up to Now – April 11 – 17, 2021
Listen as audio here [3 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
Mostly “more of the same” but massive projects and coming closer to fruition:
- Still deep in the decentralized internet. SkyInclude youtube is getting more and more exposure.
- Great progress with the team building and focusing our core strengths and services
- Inspired by our team to make an online learning center for kids w/ GFA kids
- Keeping our content and SEO services moving smoothly.
For those who want to read the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan April 11 – 17, 2021 Shadstone Limited
Thank you team! We are improving each day and each week I do this week plan I realize how far we have developed.
Most importantly, we are building leaders and departments and better at dividing up work and responsibilities. Hope you all enjoy this and let me know how else I can continue to facilitate this transformation.
Team highlights :
- Our SEO and paid ads manager is doing great with the Google Adwords campaign. Client is happy and once we are a bit more stable hope we can add more clients to this service offering.
- Our SEO manager suggested a great initiative – Global From Asia “kids”, an online (maybe someday offline too) training program for kids to get exposure to “real life” work in ecommerce and online business. Some of our team will be the first set of teachers (encourage any and all of you to participate) and working on an alpha program May 17 -31, 2021 with a small group of students and a couple sessions per week.
- Our client services manager, we all enjoy working with and she has been great communication channel to our clients. It is much needed as I don’t believe too many on the team enjoy talking to people (we’re a bunch of introverts here haha)
- Our finance head has been learning more and more about the payroll process and has even helped step up with some of the payments in a batch format. Hard to explain, but basically it is coming together nicely. Last payroll was tough as it was Easter holidays and then Tomb Sweeping holiday immediately after for a 5 day gap of banks being closed on one side or the other.
- Our GM as always is keeping things running smooth. We had a call w/ a client about stopping the social media service and are transitioning to our core services of content creation and SEO. While it was a tough one for me to sacrifice some of our recurring income, I do believe long term it will keep our team focused and ensure we develop a group of people instead of having just 1 person able to service a client’s project.
- Deep in the flamingohandshake.com first ever single emoji TLD handshake auction and checking more into the search volume of handshake and our SkyInclude project continues to gain traffic and exposure and Youtube subscribers. It was a risky bet in October 2020, but now it seems obvious. As always hard to look back and make regrets of “should have done more” – we did pretty well already being involved before thee huge spike of growth in Handshake which is coming now – and I believe still early stage.
- We are working on a new way to help GFAVIP members and our community. Instead of smaller mastermind calls, we will be having larger, less frequent sessions, using our event brand Cross Border Matchmaker. And, we have the first one penciled in for Friday May 21 evening Asia time.
- Have been having more calls w/ the European Amazon seller about the Shenzhen project and hope to have more concrete action plan early next week. It seems very likely this project will go through.
To recap – what are we, and what are we doing? Haha. I know that sounds crazy and scary, but when I type it out it helps me – so hope it helps you:
- Shadstone is a SEO and content marketing agency, for our own projects as well as client projects. Also strategic consulting in this space.
- GFA is our community, of import/export and ecommerce business owners and executives. We have a Podcast, blog, Member calls, events.
- SkyInclude is our newer investment project to a new web 3 / dWeb which would completely re-define our business in (1) and (2) if (WHEN) the decentralized internet goes mainstream.