I was emailed an interesting article from a fellow blogger – Top Things People Steal From Hotels The list he outlines below is hilarious:
1. Towels. Do you really need more towels at home or do you just want to have something that says the name of the place you stayed. Most times these items are available for sale in the gift shop.
2. Bathrobes. Who has enough room in their suitcase to steal a bathrobe? I say bring a smaller bag and you won’t be able to steal.
3. Ashtrays. Really? Ashtrays are not that expensive, just go buy one. Better yet, quit smoking. It’s bad for your health.
4. Light bulbs. Now this is just silly. Do you really want broken glass in your suitcase if someone smashes it?
5. Batteries out of the TV remote. Batteries are very expensive so I guess I could see this, but how would you like to be the next guy and not have a remote that works?
6. Bed linens. Gross. Do you have any idea what people do on those sheets? I’m pretty sure housekeeping will notice and you’ll get billed.
7. Shampoo and lotion bottles. While some hotels may consider taking these as stealing I have to say that these are put there for the guest’s use and if you don’t use them there, why can’t you take them home?
8. Blow dryers. Do you really want that blow dryer? In my experience they are never that good anyway. Go buy your own.
9. Sewing kits. These are meant to be used in an emergency and really aren’t meant to take home.
10. Bottle openers. Now I don’t see these very often, probably because someone before me stole it!
See me, I just expect / hope its there when I get there, because I didn’t pack it. I don’t care as long as its there. As I travel light, and I need those damn towels!