What is Mike Michelini Up To Now – May 23 to May 29, 2021
Listen as audio here [2 minutes long] (or scroll down for text)
The journey of “getting out of being the bottleneck” is starting to make real progress. One of the harder things for me (maybe others too) has been to “let go” but also maybe it is to “trust others” to ensure the work is done in good quality and done well.
Well we are turning the corner on that finally in a good way.
- Celebrating a great Cross border Matchmaker event last Friday. We’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback from attendees and now, we’re planning the next one.
- I will recap with the team and community on how to further empower and grow this community beyond “me” and “my capacity”. I already have Jan co-hosting the GFA podcast which is great and trying to have others on stage at events and in the content.
- Collecting applications for the first Dweb incubator – skyinclude.com/incubator to learn more.
- Making good progress on the BBG China expansion where I’m a business dev advisor “rainmaker”.
For those who want to hear the full week plan for Shadstone Limited, Mike’s company (removing sensitive info) – here it is:
Week Plan May 23 – 29, 2021 Shadstone Limited
I keep getting great feedback from attendees at our first ONLINE Cross Border Matchmaker. I have to be honest. I was so nervous we would hurt the brand of GFA / CBM by making the event online.
I didn’t want it to be “another boring online event” with people watching a powerpoint and trying to get their questions answered in the chat. It was NOT boring – people enjoyed it, people made CONNECTIONS and are following up with people they met there.
THAT IS AMAZING!
That’s all online. We had amazing people from around the world and they were able to connect with each other. The formula of panels (with too many panelists, ha!) and then round tables alternating seems to have been a great combo (need to think on the length of time / amount of people per panel / round table setup improvements) and it was fun!
Thinking to do another in 3 months. Let’s say mid/late August and lets start to brainstorm it. I think we should do it in “2 phases” – 1 in the morning and one in the evening Asia time – to cover Americas and Europe/Africa times with Asia.
And even more exciting than people enjoying the event, our Shadstone team and our GFA community have started to “bridge” and “take Mike out of the middle” which is the dream. We cannot grow with me as the bottleneck between people in the team, between people in the community, and this is a great move towards growing to a new level.
We also had the NFT workshop on Saturday after the event, just a couple people but it was a nice group to TAKE ACTION. People setup their wallets. I sent some crypto, sent some free NFTs and people actually had something at the end. Not just looking at a powerpoint and theory. But actually taking action and doing.
As you can see, this is a trend of what we try to do here – not watching and consuming, but engaging and interacting. That is what will make people interested in the community and things we do here.
This coming week – for 1 week in a while – I don’t see any MASSIVE events we need to stress about (wow?!). Well, there is a Handshake director call Friday morning I’ll attend.
GFA kids is next up though. We should ensure we have everyone lined up for the June program, with May 31 as orientation.
GFA bootcamp – gotta start to build up the mentors for that and pick a launch date in July.
Handshake dWeb incubator – that is in application mode until June 11 – skyinclude.com/incubator/
And so this last full month of May, I hope we can reflect on the various things we are doing:
- GFA community – events like CBM, GFAVIP membership, NFT workshops.
- SkyInclude handshake – videos, workshops, services (we have a few projects going on which is great), HNS pay would be nice.
- Consulting – making great progress on BBG in China expansion. Also helping some more power hour and power pack consulting sessions.
I hope the team ENJOYS what they are doing. If so, then we can do so much together. I feel we have gotten the “right people in the right seats” (I learned that from a management book). So, hopefully people here now enjoy what they are working on and are looking to grow their careers with us. Then we can build on this great team.