Hosting a Panel on Amazon FBA, Lazada, and Shopify Ecommerce Differences & Opportunities
In today’s thumbnail photo – is co-founder, CEO of Neat HK – David Rosa with Mike Michelini from Mike’s Blog!
What a week! After MOX mentoring in Taipei – headed straight down to Bangkok on FridaY Nov 22 to host a panel for the first Neat HK Entrepreneur meetup outside of HK.
It is a pleasure to be asked to host the panel – and here’s a quick video recap I made on the Global From Asia video channel
(video was still being edited just had to remember to post here after)
Here were the panelists:
Moderator: Michael Michelini is the Founder of Global From Asia. Michael currently hosts multiple podcasts on doing business in Asia, runs an e-commerce consulting firm, and organizes the largest annual conference devoted to increasing cross-border business between China and the rest of the globe.
Aron Raduly is the Co-Founder of SentryKit, which provides listing and account monitoring services for Amazon sellers and agencies. SentryKit’s customers consist mostly of million dollar sellers, and the platform has monitored over a billion USD in sales for their clients. Previously, Aron was also an Amazon seller himself.
Apinan Nilvej is the Director of AP Maverick Limited (HK) and Managing Director of AP Maverick Co.,Ltd. (Thailand). His company is running the Bagspace store which is currently sold through Shopify and Lazada in 6 countries. Apinan has had 8+ years of experience in the fashion & leather eCommerce industry
Here are the questions I asked on the panel:
* Sourcing from China, experiences and tips
* Biggest mistake made when buying from China
* Differences from Amazon, Lazada, Shopify – pros and cons of each platform (our own insights and experiences)
* Staying competitive / relevant in the market – branding, pricing, positioning
* Logistics setup – discussing different warehousing and logistics configurations for these different platforms
* Scaling challenges
* Opportunity for the audience – next steps.
Was really nice to meet some new people in the entrepreneur scene in Bangkok.